Have you ever wondered if you felt connected with your breasts? By Juel McNeilly
Many of us learn to deny our bodies, and often it starts with our breasts. Messages, opinions, judgments that pile up from the moment we come into puberty and they can plant a seed within us. A seed that grows an incongruence, which grows the armor of protection we build around ourselves. In time this leads to a disconnection from our breasts and our body. A festering ground for insecurities, lack of self-esteem, and separation.
When you live a life detached from your body and breasts due to fear, shame and self-judgment, it can leave you feeling unloved, insecure and undesirable. This forms an unhealthy foundation for your relationship with your-Self. When you give yourself space to live life fully embracing them with presence and devotion, a part of you opens and softens to a deeper self-love.
I’ve noticed that ever since I started talking about my workshops and webinars about reconnecting with your breasts through massage (check out more below) – it triggered all kinds of sudden awareness.
An awareness that not many women have truly wondered about their connection with their breast… It raises compassion within me for those who live so disconnected that sometimes their body is literally screaming at them to pay attention and listen.
So I thought I’d ask straight up – do you know whether you are connected to your breasts or not?
I’ve added some potential signs below that I hope to trigger some curiosity within you about your relationship with your breasts. I’m not saying that these are the only signs, but it’ll give you a start into this exploration.
- You feel ashamed of how they look and feel. You feel breastfeeding is unnatural, or you find yourself constantly comparing them to others.
- Any complications that you’ve experienced has not encouraged you to investigate what is happening within you at a deeper level. This does not mean ignoring medical advice – but in a world where breast cyst removal has become a standard procedure, it’s time to question what is really going on. How we can bring more awareness to the patterns within ourselves and the effect on the body.
- How often do you think or speak about your breasts? Do you notice the language that you use? What feelings do they evoke inside of you? Do you feel at one with them? Take some time to feel out your actual relationship and beliefs about them.
- So many women are so detached from their own breasts that it is usually their partners or lovers that notice any potential issues with them. Is this true for you?
- You experience numbness or feel stuck when trying to connect to them. You cannot feel very much when you (or others) touch them. It could be that you also avoid having them touched by anyone including yourself.
- You cover them up, hide or ‘strap’ them down as much as possible. It could be a belief system that makes you feel that they are too large or saggy, or… What part of your breasts do you accept? What parts don’t you?
- You only give them attention when it’s connected to something sexual, breastfeeding or if something is off health-wise. Your relationship is connected to specific actions, people, or functions.
If you feel inspired and want to connect to your breasts, sign up for my Breast Massage Essentials course here.
See you soon.